Ahi Tuna in Olive Oil EZ-open lid
Can Size: 3.25oz EZ-open lid
Ingredients: Ahi Tuna Fillet packed in Olive Oil with light sea salt.
Caught: Dave’s Ahi are hook and line caught offshore in the subtropical Pacific waters off the Hawaiian Islands.
Description: Ahi Tuna fillets are known for the bright red color and named ‘Ahi’ after the native word for Fire. Sashimi #1 Grade Ahi Tuna fillets packed in Olive Oil with a pinch of sea salt.
Taste: Delicate in texture, sashimi grade Ahi fillets are fresh packed with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Mild taste and firm texture Dave’s Ahi is delicious served straight from the can.
Serving Ideas: Dave’s Ahi makes the best poke rice bowls, burritos, toss into salads, Dave’s favorite: ahi tuna melts. Easy to prepare, mix can of Ahi Tuna with mayo celery onion add tomatoes and cheese, sandwich between sliced sourdough bread and grill until toasty & cheese melts.
Jalapeno Ahi Poppers
“Best recipe in the universe My family goes crazy for Dave’s tuna poppers!!” –Sandra, Dallas TX
“These poppers are so delicious and healthy, Baked not Fried” -MaryAnn, Chicago, IL
- 2-3.25oz cans Dave’s Ahi Tuna in Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese -finely grated
- 15 jalapeno peppers -cut lengthwise & remove seeds
- 2 T whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- salt pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix ahi tuna, cream cheese, horseradish, Mozzarella, Cheddar cheese and mayonnaise.
- Stuff jalapeno halves with the mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Mix corn meal, panko crumbs, salt & pepper in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each stuffed jalapeno half into the egg and milk mixture, then roll in corn panko crumbs to coat.
- Arrange single layer on baking sheet, center rack in oven.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and lightly browned.